This website is a official page for Morimoto lab. at laboratory of Pomology, Kyoto Prefectural University.
Our lab. is located in the experimental farm of Kyoto Prefectual University in Seika-town, Kyoto, where various kinds of fruit trees such as grapes, persimmons, pears, apple and stone fruits are cultivated for both research and commertial purporse. Our research interest includes reproductive biology (mainly interspecific barriers and self-incompatibility) of rosaceous fruit trees, which covers from basic sciences to application for horticultural industories. Thanks to the diverse plant materils, breeding programs are running for grapes, apple and so on.
We always welcome peaples who wants to visit our lab. Please feel free to contact us whenever you wants. We also welcome candidate graduate students who interested in Pomology (fruit science).
NEWS & TOPICS
- 2022/10/03 Our papers on inter-specific and inter-generic hybridization in Malinae fruit trees has been accepted.
- 2021/10/05 Our papers on Phenotypic diversity of fruit traits in Japanese apricot cultivars has been accepted.
- 2021/06/24 Our papers on Ovule development derived from inter-specific hybridation in Prunus has been accepted.
- 2021/04/01 Updated lab. members
- 2020/04/01 Updated lab. members
- 2019/12/07 Our papers on apple-pear intergeneric hybridazation has been accepted.
- 2019/04/01 Updated lab. members
- 2019/01/09 Our papers about Prunus interspecific hybridization has been accepted.
- 2018/11/14 Our website is now available!